Arcserve UDP 7000 Appliance
Unbeatable Backup and Recovery Appliance
Hardware, plus software—now with expanded capacity to protect up to 90 TBs of source data. Say hello to our plug-and-play Unified Data Protection Appliance.
For customers who require a "set and forget" backup and recovery solution, Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP) 7000 is the first complete and the most cost-effective data protection appliance, featuring Assured Recovery.
Architected with cloud-native capabilities, its unmatched ease of deployment and usability combine with a broad set of features such as global source-based deduplication, multi-site replication, tape support, and automated data recovery capabilities. It delivers unmatched operational agility and efficiency, and simplifies disaster recovery activities.
Developed with a world-class hardware partner, UDP appliances can also easily fit into a traditional UDP deployment (software/server) and provide the same feature set. Appliances are totally inter-operable and can replicate to or from other UDP appliances and UDP software instances. No extra per-socket or per-server licenses are needed for servers backed up to the appliance.
The UDP appliances are ideal "set and forget" systems for branch or decentralized offices or as the primary backup, deduplication, DR and cloud gateway appliance for small and medium sized organizations.
End-users have recognized the many benefits of having a "one stop" solution that combines software, server processing, storage and networking. Many benefits can be reaped from this approach such as simplified deployment and operations and simpler, and cost-optimized licensing. The Arcserve UDP 7000 appliances come with a very complete set of features that empower users to define and deliver against their data protection service level agreements.
Keep it simple, because complexity is stupid
When you reduce complexity with a unified, all-in-one backup and recovery appliance, you:
- Eliminate the need for multiple point solutions and complicated IT infrastructure
- Cut data protection solution and IT staffing costs
- Simplify product licensing
- Reduce data loss risk
- Increase operational agility and efficiency
- Simplify disaster recovery
Our cost-effective UDP Appliance helps you do all that.
What’s more, it offers “set it and forget it” ease—and is so simple to use, you can unbox and deploy in 15 minutes.
Do more, with less
You need a comprehensive, yet easy-to-use backup and recovery appliance—and we’ve done it right.
Our appliance gives you that single, simple data protection solution with:
- Industry-proven Arcserve UDP software Advanced Edition
- Data backup and recovery
- Replication of backup data
- True global deduplication
- Local/Remote Virtual Standby
- Server processing
- Data storage
- World-class data protection hardware
In short, it does everything you need—save your laundry.
Amp-up your data protection with enterprise-class features
Easily define and deliver against your data protection service level agreements with UDP Appliance features, including:
- Unified management console with simple plan-based data protection policies
- Host-based, agentless backup for vSphere and Hyper-V
- True global deduplication, encryption, compression, and WAN-optimized replication
- Local and remote virtual standby, bare metal recovery, and tape backup options
- Support for public and private cloud, including the Arcserve Cloud
- Unified reporting
This backup and recovery appliance gives you much more bang for your buck.
- 6 models to choose from to protect from 1 to 90 TB of source data
- Leverages a combination of SATA, SAS and SSD drives for optimized performance
- Provides all the features & capabilities of Arcserve Unified Data Protection, in a simple, yet extremely powerful, all-in-one appliance
- Unified management console, with simple plan-based data protection policies
- Host-Based, agentless backup for vSphere & Hyper-V
- Global deduplication, encryption, compression & WAN optimized replication. Unlike other vendors, our appliance does not consume any of the customer's valuable storage capacity for post-processing deduplication
- Local/Remote Virtual Standby, BMR & High Availability & tape backup option
Arcserve UDP appliances can be leveraged to streamline multiple deployment use cases:
- Single site protection for physical or virtual systems
- Primary site protection combined with copy to a cloud or Managed Service Provider
- Cross site protection between 2 sites
- A central appliance site with multiple branch offices
- Or a hybrid deployment with multiple modalities: on premise local, remote and cloud combined.
Arcserve UDP 7000 Typical Deployment
|Backup Storage Capacity|
|Raw Storage Capacity*||3TB||6TB||6TB||9TB||9TB||16TB||16TB||20TB||20TB||30TB||30TB|
|Usable Backup Capacity**||2.8TB||5.8TB||5.8TB||8.8TB||8.8TB||15.8TB||15.8TB||19.8TB||19.8TB||29.8TB||29.8TB|
|Protected (source data) Capacity||Up to 8TB||Up to 17TB||Up to 17TB||Up to 26TB||Up to 26TB||Up to 46TB||Up to 46TB||Up to 58TB||Up to 58TB||Up to 90TB||Up to 90TB|
|Backup Storage Capacity|
|Unified management console, global deduplication, block level infinite incremental backups, compression, encryption, WAN optimized replication, advanced virtualization support, agentless backup, remote virtual standby, tape support, application consistent backups, granular restore, unified reporting & dashboard.|
|On-Appliance Virtual Standby||N/A||N/A||Up to 3 VM's||N/A||Up to 3 VM's||N/A||Up to 6 VM's||N/A||Up to 9 VM's||N/A||Up to 12 VM's|
|Warranty & Technical Specifications|
|Full System Depot Warranty||3 Years|
|Physical Dimensions (H x W x D||1.7 x 17.2 x 25.6 (1U - 19" Rack Mount rails provided)||3.5" x 17.2" x 25.6" (2U - 19" Rack Mount rails provided)|
|Remote Management & Network Interface Ports||1 x IPMI & 2 x 1 GbE (RJ45)||1 x IPMI & 2 x 1 GbE (RJ45) and 4 x 1 GbE (RJ45). Optional 2 x 10Gb|
|Hard Disk type & RAID configuration||4 x 1TB SAS (RAID 5)||4 x 2TB SAS (RAID 5)||4 x 2TB SAS (RAID 5)||4 x 3TB SAS (RAID 5)||4 x 3TB SAS (RAID 5)||10 x 2TB SAS (RAID 6)||10 x 2TB SAS (RAID 6)||12 x 2TB SAS (RAID 6)||12 x 2TB SAS (RAID 6)||12 x 3TB SAS (RAID 6)||12 x 3TB SAS (RAID 6)|
|External Tape Backup Connectivity (SAS, SATA, FC)||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS||1 x PASS|
|Total System RAM||16GB||16GB||32GB||32GB||48GB||64GB||96GB||64GB||96GB||128GB||192GB|
|SSD Drive (For Deduplication Hash Tables)||120GB SSD||120GB SSD||120GB SSD||240GB SSD||240GB SSD||240GB SSD||240GB SSD||480GB SSD||480GB SSD||480GB SSD||480GB SSD|
|Maximum Weight (lbs.)||41lb||41lb||41lb||41lb||41lb||52lb||52lb||52lb||52lb||52lb||52lb|
|Power Supplies (Single or Redundant)||1 x 600W||1 x 600W||1 x 600W||1 x 600W||1 x 600W||2 X 920w||2 X 920w||2 X 920w||2 X 920w||2 X 920w||2 X 920w|
|Power Consumption (Watts @ idle/load/ startup)||122/164/ 143||122/164/ 143||125/167/ 145||125/167/ 145||129/188/ 152||208/257/ 358||208/257/ 358||2208/257/ 358||208/257/ 358||240/296/ 369||240/296/ 369|
|AC Voltage & Frequency Range||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v||100v - 240v|
|Ampere Rating||7.5A Max||7.5A Max||7.5A Max||7.5A Max||7.5A Max||11 Amp Max||11 Amp Max||11 Amp Max||11 Amp Max||11 Amp Max||11 Amp Max|
*1 TB = 1,000,000,000,000 bytes.
**On 'V' models, space available for backup will be reduced by the size of virtual standby VMs.
*** Estimated capacity assuming a typical 3:1 deduplication & compression ratio. Actual backup capacity may vary significantly,based upon data type, backup type, schedule etc.
Download the Arcserve UDP Appliance Data Sheet (PDF)